To become a Flash Game Developer you need :
ï‚· Adobe Illustrator
ï‚· Adobe Premier Pro
ï‚· Adobe Flash
ï‚· 3ds Max
ï‚· Autodesk Maya
ï‚· Animation skills and knowledge of :(3d animation , flash animation, traditional animation, stop motion , clay animation .....)
* Learning Unity. Programming knowledge : Good knowledge and hands on the programming Logics. Of C, C++, Objective C.
Core Competency :
- Comprehensive knowledge of game testing techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge of the games market with strong passion for video games.
- Familiar with software types and operating platforms.
- Knowledge of gaming industries, basic computer languages, good with computer hardware and software's.
- Possess good negotiation, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Creating mobile gaming applications (iOS & Android), based on Adobe AIR.
- Independent optimization and further development of features for the mobile Games.
- Evaluating current technologies and trends in the mobile sector.
- Cooperating with UI designers when creating the mobile interfaces.
- Customization of the apps with Native Interactive features and support for various mobile terminal devices (smartphones and tablets).
- Work profile involved developing flash games using Action Script 3.0 (Adobe Flash CS3).
To become a Q.A.Engineer (Game Tester) you have to :
- Interact with the game development team and discuss the game development process, requirements & upcoming.
- Test Flash games on PC, track bugs & report them to the programmers & animators for implementing fixes.
- Analyze the gameplay to make sure its user friendly and understandable for kids. Further inform the game-designers if any changes are required.
- Ensure that the game is bug-free & is released on date.
- Design game testing plans and perform systematic execution of games like First Person/Third Person Shooter, Racing Games, Real Time Strategy etc.
- Test different type of games i.e. Console & PC Games and report bugs found in the game to software developers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all tests are performed in time and the bugs are found before the release of game.
- Prepare an EOD update explaining the tests performed in the entire day.
- Usability of an application.
- Reporting & verifying anomalies in project database.
- Professionally & accurately describe discrepancies to programmers.
- As a ‘Dev Tester’ preparing test-cases for AUT.
- Highlighting critical phases of game development to manage development planning.
- POC between ‘QA’ and ‘Dev.’ team.
- Reporting game development progress on daily basis to Development and Production team.
- Planning and assigning task for QA team.
- Representing QA in planning, scheduling and design meetings of Development.
- Act as a point of contact within the organization for all stakeholder seeking information and advice on projects.
- Keep track of all projects from end-to-end at all point of time.
- Be responsible to coordinate all projects.
- Evaluates the feasibility of the projects.
- Determine human resource needs and manages employees’ performance.
- R&D on current gamming requirements.
- Designing new content for game updates.
- Coordinating Development team for design implementation.
- Providing art direction to art team.
- Verifying Alfa, Beta and final build for approval.
To become a 3D Artist you can do pursue a Degree - Bachelor of Fine Art
- Asset development that is Modeling, Texturing, Lighting of Characters, Environments and Props for various games of PC and mobile base platforms.
- Sculpting Hi-Res detail models of Characters, Vehicles and Props in Zbrush.
- Unity Supported Rigging for Characters and Props . Configuring rig in unity to support the unity mechanim system.
- Asset Compilation in Unity Game Engine : Integrating all the game art assets into the Unity3D engine.
- Level Optimisation in Unity which includes Material Optimisation, Optimisation of Texturepages, using LOD’s of models.
- Modeling ( Characters, Props, Environments ) - Responsible for creating High resolution detail models and Low resolution Game Models of Characters, Vehicles, Game Environments and Props.
- Texturing ( Characters, Environments, Props ) - Responsible for detail Realistic Texturing of Game Assets including Character, Props and Environments.
- 3D Level Design – Worked on 3D level development of Tracks like Burnout Dominator , Burnout Paradise (EA Sports) and Chariots Racing Game (Candella Software).
- Level Optimisation – Responsible for Optimisation of Levels , Material Optimisation , Creating LOD's of models, Baking of Game Assets.
- Pilot Projects – Worked on Pilot projects for Disney Interactive Studio, Telltale Games, Quantic Dreams.
- Modeling (Characters, Props, Environments ) - Responsible for creating detail models for Environments , Characters and Props for famous TV Series like Mickey Mouse Club House , Iron Man , Jungle Book , Mikido .
- Texturing – Responsible for creating detail textures for Environments and Props for Tv series.
- Blocking and Layout – Responsible for creating blocking and layout of 3D environment according to storyboards.
- Blend Shapes – Responsible for creating blendshapes of varoius Sets and props.
- Worked in close association with Layout Team, Lighting and Compositing Team.