Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body; it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. – John F. Kennedy
A strong mind resides in a healthy body. This saying had never been more significant. The fast pace of the modern lifestyle has led to an unimaginable amount of physical and psychological stress on and mind. Consequently, demand for
The modern work environment has led to a sedentary with little scope for physical exercise. This has resulted in a large section of the society, especially in urban areas, falling prey to deadly maladies such as diabetes, heart disease, obesity, hypertension, and so on.
No magic pill is available that will help you and me escape this unpleasant situation. The only way out is to keep ourselves fit by adopting a suitable fitness regime.
Fitness has emerged both as a lucrative business opportunity and a sustainable career option. It is not just the celebrities and the rich who want to stay the fitness bug has stung a large chunk of professional.
And what’s exciting is that modern-day health clubs are not merely sweatshops where fitness enthusiasts pumped iron or bench pressed away their worries. Those were the days when ‘bodybuilding’ was in vogue. Nowadays the concept of fitness has seen a revolutionary change.
Physical fitness is not just about staying healthy, it is also about looking good and leading an active life. The task of achieving a healthy body seems simple enough, yet it is not so. One has to follow a regular and strict fitness regime to achieve this objective. At the same time, it is imperative to seek expert advice from a fitness instructor in this regard.
The role of a fitness instructor is a multifaceted one. The first and foremost responsibility is to guide trainees to get into shape. Other than gym routines, fitness trainers also have to provide guidance regarding posture, dietary intake, food supplements, the latest fitness techniques, and so on. Furthermore, they have to cater to the special needs and requirements of their clients.
Overall, the career path of a fitness instructor is all the time saturated with excitement and verve.
There is no dearth of employment opportunities for qualified fitness instructors. In fact, the fitness industry is undergoing a phase of boom owing to the massive upsurge of lifestyle related diseases in urban centres. Another factor that is boosting this industry is the increased level of awareness amongst common man with regards to physical fitness and wellness.
There are lots of opportunities for fitness trainers these days. If you want a smug government job then you can head for various government-run institutions and sports bodies. There are ample positions for trainers in schools, colleges and universities. Fitness instructors who have earned a postgraduate degree or any other higher qualification can also apply for teaching jobs in different colleges and educational bodies.
In the private sector, the range of employment openings ranges from five-star hotels to innumerable health resorts, spas, sports and fitness clubs. Alternatively, you can start your own gymnasium or a health club or work exclusively as a personal fitness trainer for some celebrity. The opportunities are simply unending.
Job Opportunities for Aerobic/Fitness Instructor:
There is great demand for this profile in the job market and this upward trend is expected to continue in the near future. Both government, as well as privately owned establishments, are doing their best to meet the growing demand.
The fitness industry is here to stay and grow in leaps and bounds in the future looking at the present job market scenario.
The infrastructure of the fitness business in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Germany, the UK, France, South Africa, and Australia is far more developed and organised than what it is in India. Fitness instructors in India have limited scope of making it big in these countries as of now.
But the lack of big international opportunity is more than compensated by the potential in the domestic market.
• The best aspect of this profession is that you will always stay fit. After all, it is your job to keep one and all in perfect shape.
• You always get to meet and communicate with people from different walks of life and who knows how they may help you enhance your career or your fitness business.
• You are a role model for people who are under your tutelage.
• This is a service industry and you cannot afford to loose your temper when dealing with uncooperative or difficult people.
• After a period of time, you might get complacent about your work and not take good care of your patrons as you did initially.
• This job demands you to be on your toes all the time. Slackness means loss of clientele, erosion of hard-earned reputation and business.
Top Recruiting Companies for Aerobic/Fitness Instructor:
1. Sports Authority of India
2. Government institutions and organizations
3. Top-notch hotels and resorts
4. National as well as multinational health and fitness clubs
5. Sports clubs and educational institutions
6. Cine stars, models, businessmen, sportsmen, and so on
Tips for Getting Hired
1. A degree or a diploma from a reputed institution is desirable.
2. Since this is a part of the service industry it is essential to hone your communication skills.
3. Good etiquette helps to deal with a broad spectrum of situations and personalities.
4. Knowledge of latest trends and research in the field of fitness is a must.
To keep exploring, head on to our page on career banks and blogs on different careers, entrance exams, courses, colleges, jobs, etc.