Managing performances, events, artistes and entertainers is the responsibility of an Entertainment Manager. These professionals work extensively throughout the world.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN ENTERTAINMENT OFFICER/MANAGER-
An Entertainment Manager/ Officer differs from company to company, sector to sector but some of basic tasks required to performed are as follows:
- thinking up new ideas for events and gathering information on events or attractions in other parts of the country;
- attending meetings with other council officers to discuss ideas and make decisions on which ones to take forward;
- turning those ideas into strategic plans and, eventually, a programme of events;
- liaising with neighbouring authorities to avoid duplication of events;
- applying for grants, funding or sponsorship;
- making decisions on how to use available funds most effectively and closely monitoring budgets;
- deciding on venues and liaising with venue managers;
- co-ordinating all the people involved in putting an event together;
- booking artists and performers and negotiating their fees;
- writing press releases and/or marketing materials, or liaising with marketing departments;
- dealing with the media to ensure that events are well promoted;
- arranging photo opportunities;
- evaluating the success of events and writing and presenting reports.
While looking for a job, we search about the responsibilities, scope, qualification etc required for a particular. But we often forget the most important factors i.e career interest, Aptitude and personality, needed to be considered, while applying for a job.
Some of the basic aptitude, personality and interest required to succeed in this career are-
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION REQUIRED-
Although there are no set entry requirements for this job, there are several degree specializations that are very helpful in getting a job as an Entertainment officer These include:-
• Event Management
• Public Relations
• Event Planning
Persons with experience working in Journalism, Communications, Liberal Arts, Business and Public Relations are able to transfer their skills readily becoming competent professionals.
FUTURE PROSPECTS & OPPORTUNITIES-
They can find job in following sectors-
- Media & Environment industry.
- Cruise ships
- Hospitality sector
- Event management companies