Landscape architects plan, design and manage the construction of outdoor environments such as parks, highways, housing complexes, commercial centers, plazas, recreation facilities and nature conservation areas. Landscape Architects are involved from the very inception of a project.
• Learn project specifications .
• Survey the site, make notes of its slopes and elevations, the natural environment, soil texture, utilities, directions, etc .
• Meet and discuss with engineers, architects, city authorities, zonal experts real estate agents and horticulturists in charge of landscaping during the project.
• Evaluate technological issues related to durability.
• Prepare working drawings giving details of layout and topography. Specify materials and method of construction with reference to spaces.
• Prepare CAD design or video simulation for clients and marketing.
• Making presentations for clients for approval of financial specifications and work estimates.
Employment Opportunities for Landscape Architects:
Landscape Architects work with
• Architectural /Landscape architectural firms
• Public housing or urban development projects
• Parks and gardens, recreation centres
• Tourist destinations
• Sport venues, playgrounds
• Hotels and resorts
• Shopping centres
• Restored historical venues
• Hill resorts etc
Top Recruiting Companies of Landscape Architects:
• Landscape architecture firms: Idea design, www.ideadesign.org
• Global Architects: www.architecture-page.com
• Landscape Design India: www.sprygroup.co.in
• Sai Arco: www.saiarco.com